Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Georgie Purse Tutorial

II had numerous requests for the instructions so I am going to share them here today.  I hope you all love this as much as I do.  By the way, stay tuned for some fun A-2 cards (4.25 x 5.5”)  that fit perfectly inside this little bag (yep, I have my perfect Christmas, Birthday, Just Because, gifts all planned for my girlfriends and both my daughter in laws and my mother in law this year.  How perfect, matching cards and a beautiful bag to present them in. 
Here is my bag………………


I made this purse and eight cards with minimal supplies and only one  Paper Pack.  Here is another one I made...



Here are the instructions.   You will need to have two sided paper and at least one other coordinating paper or coordinating cardstock in a solid color  (I used solid cardstock for the base and a coordinating color for the band around the top).



Cutting –  
Cut a piece of paper or cardstock (I used plain black cardstock because I hate to use pretty patterned paper where you are not going to see it) to 5x8”.  Score this piece at 1” on all four sides.  Now cut to the first intersection on the 8” sides and fold and adhere to shape a box.  This is the base for the whole purse.




 Cut one piece of designed paper at 4.5 x 12” and a second at 4.5 x 7” and adhere together, I like to use score tape (a heavy duty two sided tape) for assembly so I don’t have to hold it while it is trying to dry (this will be the body of the purse and the back side of it will be the design you see on the inside of the purse, as you can see with mine).  Place score tape or liquid glue along the bottom of the side you want to be your inside and up the right side.


 Start to adhere to your base (the box you made) place your seams in inconspicuous places if possible just working your way around.  I often hold mine on it’s side to make it easier for me to work with.


  Here it is with the sides on.


Now lets tackle the straps.  Cut 2 pieces of the coordinating paper at 1 x 11” (this will become the straps for purse).  Round the ends (a corner rounder works great) and score at ½” (right down the center of the piece) from one end to the other leaving 1.5” un-scored on each end. 



 Glue the scored parts together and shape with a bone folder (just curve them so they don’t dry straight and stiff, this is really important if you are using glue).  Again I use score tape because I was trying to take pictures at the same time and didn't have enough hands, LOL.    


Cut 4 pieces of your second coordinating paper (two for the outside and two for the inside, I decided to use two different designs on mine, one for the inside and another for the outside) to ½ x 11” (this is more than you will need but it is easier to work with it long and trim as needed so you can control where you want your seams to end up).


Cut 2 pieces of paper or cardstock (your choice what you use but it works nice if it is the same as the bottom of the purse so it looks like or use a piece of coordinating Paper to 1 x 8.5” (this will be the bottom trim).  I used a  scalloped punch to give mine a little extra interest.  Adhere to the bottom of the purse using adhesive (watching those seams again)




Once you have done all this you can put on your straps (I added a pearl brad on each one for interest).  And wallah, you are done!!!  You could add a flower or an other embellishment you like to add additional interest.  

Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment