Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Times Card #2

So today I am continuing my quest to fill my Happy Times purse (tutorial on my May 1st blog story) with cards so I can give it to my daughter in law as a gift.  I for one realize as much as we hate to think about it one card we always need and often at the last minute is a sympathy card.  I think it is very important to have a supply of them on hand.  So today’s card is going to be a simple and classic sympathy card. 





I started with a pre-made white base card that is an A-2 (4 ¼ x 5 ½”).  I added the first layer which is 4 x 5 ¼” and is from the Happy Times paper packet.  It is a tone on tone of yellows with diagonal stripes which I thought this was a nice complement to the floral paper cut to 3 ¾ x 5” which was the next layer. 

I broke out my Close to my Heart Cricut Artistry cartridge and cut an oval that was 4” at its highest point from honey cardstock.  I also cut an oval that was 3 ½” at its highest point from white daisy cardstock (these ovals are on most if not all of the CTMH cartridges). 

I stamped the flower and sentiment from the Take Heart stamp set (this one is a very nice set for sympathy cards as it has some beautiful sentiments for the inside of the card as well.  I am going to stamp “Praying for you in your time of need” on the inside of the card) using memento ink.  As I have said before I just like the crisp lines I get from the memento ink plus it works great with my ShinHan markers. 

Now comes the part I do really enjoy.  I got to color, which is always a treat for me.  I used just three colors of markers here along with my colorless blender and got great results.  I also added (impossible to capture with a camera) a little Wink of Stella (clear) to add some shine, this is not a Close to my Heart product just something I always keep in my craftroom.  I think it is called that because it gives you just the tiniest wink of shimmer, which is perfect for a card like this one. 

After I was finished I realized I could have done better with this card.  For example when I make the next one I will add some ink around the edges of the floral paper just to give it a little of that distressed look.  I would also use 3-D foam tape to pop up the oval as that would add some dimension.  Oh well, like most people I have 20/20 vision in hind sight.  LOL!!!

I hope you like this card.  Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!!!

As always the supplies I used are listed below and available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), honey (X5668) and white daisy (1385)
Stamp: Take Heart (C1639)
Ink: Memento (Z899)
ShinHan Markers:  Golden Yellow (Z2452), Marigold (Z2457), Leaf Green (Z2454) and the Colorless Blender Marker (Z2469)
Misc.:  White value pack of cards and envelopes (X254)

No comments:

Post a Comment