Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Happy Times Card #5

Hard to believe we have already seen 4 cards using the Happy Times paper packet that is (as my boys use to say when they were young, free fifty free, LOL) free this month with a qualifying $60 purchase or you can do like I did and purchase a package (of course I did that so I would meet the $60 order and get a second pack for free, because I love this paper).  This one is another card without a sentiment; it is perfect to use just to send a note to someone. 





Now this card looks like it might be complicated but it really is not.  I started with (you guessed it) a pre-made white card base that is an A-2 (4 ¼ x 5 ½’).  I cut a piece of honey cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and inked the edges with honey ink using my trusty dauber.  I centered that on the card base. 

For the next piece of the card I cut two pieces of crystal blue cardstock to 2 5/8 x 2 5/8” square and inked them with crystal blue ink again using the dauber.  Next I cut 4 squares of the floral paper in the Happy Times paper pack to 1 ¼” square and one 5/8 x 4” and inked all of them with the honey ink.  The final four pieces are cut from the blue paper with lines from the Happy Times paper pack and they were cut to that same 1 ¼” square and inked with crystal blue ink using the dauber again. 

So to make the pinwheel, you start by attaching the two pieces of crystal blue together like this…



Now start adding your smaller squares leaving a small consistent boarder around each of them.  Do not fully adhere the first square as you will have to lift it to insert the final square…



When you get to the final square, lift the first square and work this final piece into place. 



Once the pinwheel was complete I added it to my card using 3-D foam tape and then added bling to the center.  The final step was to add the strip of patterned paper at the bottom of this card, or I could have added a sentiment there. 

I hope you like this card and this pinwheel technique.  I really like the look and it is pretty easy to do with the Close to my Heart paper packs since they are all color coordinated and sometimes finding coordinating papers can be half the battle in a project like this one.  Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!!

As always the supplies I used are listed below and available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), honey (X5668), and crystal blue (1292)
Ink: Honey (Z2162) and Crystal Blue (Z2117) Misc.:  Sparkles (Z1752)
Misc.: Sponge dauber (Z726), Sparkles Assortment (Z1752), 3-D foam tape (Z2060) and white card and envelope value pack (X254)

No comments:

Post a Comment