Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Happy Times Card #7

Today I am introducing Happy Times card #7.  This one uses one of my favorite new stamp sets and one of my favorite techniques, it is called the double drape.

Here it is, doesn’t it feel tropical?



Ok, lets get started with the drape.  Cut two sided paper (I used my happy times paper)  to 3 x 11”.  Score at 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, 4.5, 5, 6, 6.5, 7.5¸ 8, 9 and 9.5

With the paper lying horizontally, measure up 1.5” on each side and make a light pencil mark, measure and mark the bottom at 5.5”.

Cut from the side marks to the center bottom mark (it will look like a big v).

Now, fold (mountain, valley, mountain, etc.) from each end until you meet in the center with two drapes lying side by side.  Adhere drapes to one another (I just used some double sided tape in between each of the drapes and then adhere the drape to the center of the card base.  I used this wood looking paper from the Happy Times paper pack that I cut to 4 x 5 ¼” (there will be extra material on each side, you can cut it off or I just fold it around the back of my base and glued it down to the back. 

I added the little ½” strip of white and metallic gold (it is what we refer to as the zip strip, each of the B&T or background and texture papers that Close to my Heart sells has one that coordinates with the paper, I use these on cards and scrapbook pages all the time).  This is like a valance for your drape and helps give it a finished look. 

After adhering all these pieces onto the paper that looks like wood I then mounted it on a card base that I made from a piece of goldrush cardstock that measured 5 ½ x 8 ½” that I folded to an A-2 card base which measures 4 ¼ x 5 ½”. 

To finish this card off I stamped two flowers and three leaves (remember uneven numbers look best) from the beautiful new stamp set called Hawaiian Hibiscus (I see this one being used a lot in my future) , I used memento ink and stamped them on scraps of white daisy cardstock.  I colored them in using my ShinHan markers and then adhered them to the card.  I added 3-D foam tape under the smaller flower and the leaf next to it to add interest and I shaped all of them using my bone folder. 

It makes me feel like I am in Hawaii, how do you like it?  Here’s wishing you a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!!!!

As always the supplies I used are listed below and available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), white daisy (1385) and goldrush (1242)
Ink: Memento (Z899)
Stamp Set:  Hawaiian Hibiscus (B1527)
ShinHan Markers:  Golden Yellow (Z2452), Marigold (Z2457), Leaf Green (Z2454) and Colorless Blender Marker (Z2469)
Misc.: 3-D foam tape (Z2060) and a bone folder (Z1204)

No comments:

Post a Comment