Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Happy Times Card #3

So I am still working on those cards to fill that little gift purse.  I am enjoying the wonderful company of my mother and father in law this week so I am not spending as much time as I have been in my craftroom but it is such a treat to have them here with us that I don't mind a bit.  So since I was in a time crunch today my card is very simple.

Presenting Card #3....

You will notice it is similar to card number 2 in that it uses the same ovals as yesterdays card did (I often cut and stamp several at a time to use on different projects).  I was happy to find I had this one already stamped and dried so I could color it quickly and stamp Happy Birthday and get a card done in minimal time.

I started with I started with a pre-made white base card that is an A-2 (4 ¼ x 5 ½”).  I used the same method as yesterday and cut an oval that was 4” at its highest point from pixie cardstock.  I also had an oval that was 3 ½” at its highest point from white daisy cardstock (these ovals are on most if not all of the CTMH cartridges). 

The flower was stamped using memento ink from the Take Heart stamp set.  As I have said before I just like the crisp lines I get from the memento ink plus it works great with my ShinHan markers.  I added Happy Birthday from the Your Kind of Wonderful stamp set which I stamped with pixie ink (you will notice that it is curved, that is the great thing about these clear acrylic stamps, you can bend them when you put them on the block so you can do so much more with them).  

Now comes the part I do really enjoy.  I got to color, which is always a treat for me.  I used just two colors of markers here along with my colorless blender and got great results.  I also added (impossible to capture with a camera) a little Wink of Stella (clear) to add some shine, this is not a Close to my Heart product just something I always keep in my craftroom.  

So to build this card I added a piece of Pomegranate cardstock (I just love this color) that measured 2 3/4 x 4" along the bottom and then layered the floral paper from the Happy Times paper pack (which I received for free with a qualifying $60 order this month) on top of it and to the left side of the card. Then I added the ovals.

Finally I added the puffy butterfly (from my stock of retired bling) or you could stamp one of the butterflies from the Your Own Kind of Wonderful stamp set.  And I added three (because odd numbers always look better) pink enamel gems to the bottom right on the Pomegranate cardstock.  

And there you have it, I hope you like it.  Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!

Below is a list of all the supplies used on this project which as always are available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com  or by pressing the shop button at the top of my blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), Pixie (X5773) and White Daisy (1385)
Stamp: Take Heart (C1639) and Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627)
Ink: Memento (Z899) and Pixie (Z2644)
ShinHan Markers:  Tender Pink (Z2464), Leaf Green (Z2454) and the Colorless Blender Marker (Z2469)
Misc.:  White value pack of cards and envelopes (X254) and Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091)

No comments:

Post a Comment