Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, May 13, 2016

Happy Times Card #4


Here we go folks back with another Happy Times card.  I am continuing to fill my Happy Times purse (tutorial on my May 1st blog story) with cards.  I often like to make cards without sentiments and then add little sentiment when I am preparing to give the cards or I leave them without sentiments so that they can be used as note cards.    





I started with a card base that I made from a piece of pixie cardstock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and then folded to make an A-2 (4 ¼ x 5 ½”).  I cut strips from two different pieces of the Happy Time (great way to use scraps).  One is ¾” x 4”, the second is ¾ x 4 ½” and the third is ¾ x 5”.  Now these can all be the same, all be different or a mixture, which is what I did.  Once I cut them I inked the edges of the floral ones using a dauber (love the look) with honey ink and the pink one with gold was inked with pear ink.  I want to say that this picture does not do justice to this beautiful paper.  The flowers in the center strip of paper appear to be black in this photo but they are actually metallic gold and just pop off the page.  

I then took a piece of white daisy cardstock that measures 1 ½ x 2  ¾” and stamped it (I just used a little bit of a large stamp) with the swirls from the Love Life stamp set using pear ink and then again using a dauber I inked the edge of that piece with pear ink.  I mounted this onto a piece of honey cardstock that measures 1 ¾ x 3” that I inked with honey ink again using a dauber (some people just run the edge of the ink pad along the edge of the paper but I like the control I get with a dauber).  I popped that whole thing up on top of the strips of B&T paper using some 3-D foam tape.  (Note:  see where I left room on the top right if I wanted to add a sentiment later)

Finally, I punched three little flowers out of some scrap cardstock I had which are goldrush, pixie and honey (this punch is not a CTMH product but it makes flowers that are about ½” or you can make small flowers from many of the CTMH Cricut cartridges, see the rose I made below, it is about ¾” across), I used my Piercing & Embossing Tool Kit to give them some dimension.  As usual I thought they needed a little bling so I added some sparkles to the center of the flowers.

                                                  


I hope you like this card.  Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!!!

As always the supplies I used are listed below and available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), honey (X5668), pixie (X5773), goldrush (1243) and white daisy (1385)
Stamp: Love Life (D1482)
Ink: Honey (Z2162) and Pear (Z2197)
Misc.:  Sparkles (Z1752), 3-D foam tape (Z2060), sponge daubers (Z726) and Piercing & Embossing Tool Kit (Z2046)

Note:  Rose was made from white daisy cardstock (1385), cut from the Close to my Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge (Z3070) , rolled using the Quilling Tool (Z1795) and glued using Liquid glass (Z679)

No comments:

Post a Comment