Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Georgie Card #4

On to card #4 for our little purse card holder/gift bag (see the post on May 1st for directions to make one) using the Georgie paper pack. 

Here is the card and the little purse it will go with...





On this card I used one of the pre-made A-2 white card bases that I purchase in bulk (like that it comes out to about $.29 and that includes the envelope as well).  I used the Juniper cardstock that came in my Georgie paper pack (as you can see I am getting the best bang for my buck out of this pack of paper).   I cut it to 4 x 5 ¼ and mounted it onto the white card base.

Next I made my drape fold, I got the instructions for this fold from Dee Houston (thank you) but I am not sure who actually came up with the fold as there are a number of different ones out there on You Tube and Pinterest and I have no way of knowing who the actual inventor was but whoever it was, thank you for this cute fold. 

To make the fold I cut two sided paper at 3.5 x 9” (this will make two cards).  Now score at 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7 and 7.5”

With right side facing you, place a light pencil mark ½” from the bottom left corner and make another mark ½” down from the top right corner

Line up both marks in the channel of the paper trimmer and cut diagonally (this will give you two pieces, although the bottom piece will be slightly wider before the first pleat)

Pleat folds (valley, mountain, valley, mountain, etc.) on the score lines.  Adhere drapes to one another (I just add a little score tape to the inside of the pleat of each of them so they lay nice and flat).

I added a piece of coordinating paper from the Georgie paper pack that measures 5 x 3 ½” to the bottom of the card and then secured my drape to it.  I added a ½” strip of coordinating paper to the top of the drape (I like to think of it as my coordinating valance) and then secure to the front of the card. 

I love this new stamp set called A Bunch of Love.  I stamped the flowers and then added the sentiment onto white daisy cardstock which is in the Georgie paper pack using memento ink (there are four sentiments that will fit into the two different flower and banner stamps as well as a nice sentiment for the inside of the card in this set).  The best part about this set is that you can purchase the A Bunch of Love Thin Cuts (so no fussy cutting) which I love to use, so quick and easy. 

I colored in the flowers using my CTMH ShinHan markers and then added Bitty Sparkles to the center of three of the flowers.  I then popped this up on the top center of the card using 3-D foam tape.  As a finishing touch I put three of the new Florence Sequins on the bottom right and added Bitty Sparkles to the center of three of them (I don’t remember where I was taught this but I was taught that uneven numbers look better than even numbers when it comes to embellishments).  Just remember you can never have too much bling.

As always all the supplies to make this project and the others in this series can be purchased on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com  Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!

Supply List:
Paper:  All papers used were from the Georgie paper pack (X7203B)
Ink: Memento ink (Z899)
Stamp Sets:  A Bunch of Love (C1647)
Thin Cuts:  A Bunch of Love Thin Cuts (Z3251)
ShinHan Markers used: Vivid Green (Z2466), Marigold (Z2457), Golden Yellow (Z2452), Cerulean Blue (Z2449), Tender Pink (Z2464), Lavender (Z2453), Carmine (Z2448) and the colorless blender (2469)
Misc.:  Florence Sequins (Z3213), Bitty Sparkles (Z1263), 3-D foam tape (Z1151) and the white value pack of cards and envelopes (X254)



No comments:

Post a Comment