Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, May 16, 2016

Happy Times Card #6

Well we are moving right along on our project, to add cards to this cute little purse for gift giving.  (Tutorial for purse on May 1st post).




So here is card #6 in our series using the Happy Times paper pack which can be yours for free (see post on right side of blog) during the month of May 2016 in celebration of National Scrapbooking Month.  Today I will also be using the Happy Times stamp set which is only available this month.  It is a really fun set and I am planning to make some awesome scrapbook pages with it later this month, so be on the lookout for those.



I started by using a pre-made white base for my card (because as I have stated several times I always use my beautiful paper sparingly.   I cut a piece of what is surely my favorite paper in this package to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and adhered it to the front of my card.  Next I used a piece of the white and metallic gold paper and cut it to 2 ¼ x 5 ½” and made sure that I positioned it so that the gold would be on each side once I added a piece of white daisy cardstock that measured 2 x 5 ¼”. 

I stamped the white daisy with one of the sentiments from the Someone Special stamp set using one of the newest Close to my Heart colored inks – Pomegranate; I just love how it pops off the white.  I stamped the flower (two pieces) second generation pomegranate (which means I inked the stamp and stamped off on scratch paper and then stamped onto my cardstock).  I stamped the leaves using Pear ink.  Then I cut all the pieces out.  I assembled the flower using liquid glass which dries fast and holds well (I use it on all my flowers).

To give the flowers dimension I used my bone folder to break down some of the fibers in the paper and shape them.  I did the same thing to my leaves so they would have some dimension as well.  I adhered the flower and leafs but still felt like there was something missing so I added the little pomegranate colored gem to the center of the flower. 

I love how it turned out, what do you think?  Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!!!

As always the supplies I used are listed below and available for purchase on my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:
Paper: Happy Times (CC1063), white daisy (1385)
Ink: Pomegranate (Z2653), Pear (Z2197)
Misc.: Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091), liquid glass (Z679) and bone folder (Z1204)

No comments:

Post a Comment