Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 10, 2020

Simple Dove of Hope Christmas Card

 This past Saturday I finally held my Open House to show off the samples from both the annual catalog and the new holiday catalog.  I held two separate events so that I could limit the number of attendees and allow for proper social distancing.  It went over great, everyone was glad to be back together crafting and laughing.  For the event I designed some simple yet cute cards for the ladies to make.  Here is the first one we did…


This card features the beautiful new Doves of Hope Bundle from the Handmade for You catalog (what we all remember as the holiday catalog). 

The card base is Whisper White cardstock 5 ½ x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut Pacific Point cardstock into a circle that was approximately 3 ½” (I used a retired set, but you can use whatever you have).  I used Night of Navy (147110) ink and a Stamping Sponge to distress the edges of the circle and add additional interest and depth.

Then I started on my Dove, I cut each of the pieces (each piece of the wing gets cut twice) out of Whisper White cardstock.  I glued the two layers of the wings together just in solid area and let them dry.  I glued the solid tail piece behind the body of the dove, and I glued the Olive branch, which I cut out using the die set using Old Olive cardstock, to the back of the doves beak. 

Once each of the pieces was assembled I started to assemble the Dove.  The first thing I did was to shape my dove’s wings with my bone folder (if you do this after they are glued together the affect is great.  I attached my dove’s back wing behind the body with adhesive.  I then added Dimensionals to my second wing and attached it to the front of the dove’s body. 

To complete my card I stamped my sentiment “Peace Joy Love” from the stamp set in the Dove of Hope bundle directly onto my cardbase using Night of Navy ink.  To prepare my Pacific Point circle to receive the dove I wanted to add some stars.  I did this by simply dotting the paper with a white jell pen.  I attached my circle to my card base and then used both the regular and mini dimensionals to attach my dove to the center of the circle. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below, and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at:

https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796

or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  Unfortunately, with the recent changes to the Stampin’ Up! website we are experiencing problems with direct links to individual products (we hope to have this corrected soon) until we have a fix I am hoping this attached link and the list of products used below will help.  I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope to have the situation remedied soon. 

 Happy Crafting!!!

Products Used:  

Stamps/Dies:  Dove of Hope Bundle (155158)

Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Pacific Point (111350), and Old Olive (100702)

Ink: Night of Navy (147110)

Misc: Dimensionals (104430), Mini Dimensionals (144108) and a Stamping Sponge (141337)


 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a stunning and yet simple to create card. I will definitely be CASing it for my 2021 holiday cards. Thank you for sharing.....Mary from Corning NY

    ReplyDelete