Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Happy Birthday – Arrange a Wreath

As I said previously, I have been working on a set of cards that feature the Arrange a Wreath bundle.  I wanted to create cards that would show just how versatile this set is and some of the many ways it can be used.  I will be posting a different card (for a different event) over the next several days that shows just that.  Here is what the bundle looks like. 




The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The second layer was created using Designer Series Paper from the Ornate Gardens paper pack, that was cut to 4 x 5 ¼”.  My third layer was cut out using the Stitched Rectangle dies from Crushed Curry cardstock.  I also cut out the third largest circle from the Layering Circles dies from Whisper White.  I then stamped my sentiment “Happy Birthday” which is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set with VersaMark ink and then added Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool. 

Once my circle was all stamped and ready to go, I added it to the center of my card base and started to build my wreath.  I grabbed my dies from the Arrange a Wreath bundle and cut two layers of the wreath out one from Soft Seafoam cardstock and one from Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  I then cut my bow for my card out of Gold Foil using the die from the set.  I did pop my top layer of my bow up using a Mini Dimensional to give the bow more depth. 

Now it was time to begin work on my flowers, they sound hard but are actually really easy to do.  I cut two large and one small flower out (I used the coordinating dies and there are multiples so it goes pretty quick) of each of the following cardstock colors:  Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Purple Posy, Highland Heather, Mint Macaroon and Pool Party.  Once I had them all cut out I turned them upside down on my Stamparatus Foam Mat and using my Take Your Pick Tool with the stylus end I carefully pulled each petal towards the center of the flower, once all the petals were done I turned the flower over and placed the ball of my stylus right in the center and moved it in a circular motion (think stirring a pot) this helped me get my shape.  Once all the petals were done, I simply glued two large and one small flower together being sure to off set the petals.  I then added these to my wreath (I found Mini Glue Dots worked best for this).  For my final embellishment I added one of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of each flower. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  Check out more cards using this great bundle in previous and upcoming posts.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment