Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Guest Designer’s Card

 Today I was lucky enough to have a guest designer in my craft room.  This designer has wanted to learn more about creating cards for some time and has ventured into my crazy craft room a few times to give it a whirl.  Today however he made it clear he wanted to make a card “using all the tools, with just a little help”.  So, I showed him where things were at and told him I would be over here working on my own thing but if he had a question to let me know.  There were a few questions (and some hesitation for fear he would “break” something but I think he did an amazing job.  He was pretty impressed with himself and now intends to “help” me make all of our Christmas cards.      

And here is what my amazing husband Larry came up with, I know you will love it as much as I do.


He has graciously allowed me to share his card and the instructions to recreate it here on my blog.

The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is Whisper White that was cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder. 

He then he prepared his sentiment by stamping the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock using VersaMark ink and then heat embossing with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  He cut that out using the smallest of the scalloped and stitched dies from the Stitched So Sweetly dies (I use these dies all the time).  Then he cut the next largest size out of Gold Foil Sheet and adhered the two together and placed it in the bottom right corner of the card using Dimensionals.

Then it was on to the flower.  He cut the three layers of the Poinsettia from the Poinsettia Dies (these dies are two pieces; one cuts the flower while the other lays inside it and embosses the center for a realistic looking flower) out of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.  He then added Champaign Mist Shimmer Paint to the flowers (I had this ready to use as I love it but to use it simply add three or four drops of the Champaign Mist Shimmer Paint into a Stampin’ Spritzer and fill the rest of the Spritzer up with Isopropyl Alcohol  and shake well before each use) by spraying it on (hard to see in a photo but in real life the shimmer is amazing.  Once the flowers were dry (just a minute or two) he began to shape them using the bone folder and then he layered them.  He added this to his card base and started on his foliage. 

For the foliage he cut and embossed (again at the same time with these new dies) two leaves from the same die set as well as the two sprigs out of Gold Foil.  He shaped the leaves with the bone folder and added them using Dimensionals.  For the sprigs he used the stylist on the end of the Take Your Pick tool to give the “berries” a little rounding and he tucked them up in under the flower.

For the final embellishment he used Metallic Pearls in gold (7 of them, because he remembered odd numbers look better on a card than even) to create the center of his Poinsettia.  I have to say he did just what he said he wanted to do "used a bunch of tools and stuff" but with that said I am awful proud of him and his card and I am looking forward to creating more with him. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed watching my amazing guest designer make it for you.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I sure wish my "first" card was as spectacular as this one is. Larry, you outdid yourself and Ronnie you are very lucky to have him working along side you. Marjie

    ReplyDelete