Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Arrange a Wreath - Merry Christmas

 So, for now at least this will be the last of the cards I am creating for my set of cards that feature the Arrange a Wreath bundle.  I wanted to create cards that would show just how versatile this set is and some of the many ways it can be used.  So, I have been posting a different card (for a different event) over the past several days that shows just that.  Here is what the bundle looks like. 

And here is what todays card looks like, I know, “Christmas Already” hey but it takes time to make all those cards, so this is a great time to get started.  Plus at least here in North Carolina it has been to hot and humid to do much outside so I am going to use my time wisely and get those cards done now so that when the weather gets nice, I will have more time to enjoy it.  Here it is…

The card base is Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The second layer was cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and it measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  The third layer was cut from the In Good Taste Designer Series paper and it measures 3 ¾ x 5” (I love the wood grain). 

To create my wreath using the Arrange a Wreath die, I cut three layers of the wreath using the two different styles of dies from the bundle.  They were cut from Soft Seafoam, Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green cardstock (check out the Garden Green layer, see the embossed details in the leaves, yep the die cuts and embosses isn’t that neat).  I then assembled them in that order.  I cut my bow out of Gold Foil and popped it up using a Mini Dimensional right on the bottom of my wreath.  Then I cut out three of the flowers from the die set (they looked like Poinsettia’s to me) from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and there is even a little circle die for the centers which I cut out of Daffodil Delight cardstock.  I found the Mini Glue Dots worked great to adhere the flowers to the wreath.  Once my wreath was done, I moved onto the sentiment.  I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to ¾ x 3 ¾” and stamped the sentiment “Merry Christmas” from the new Poinsettia Place stamp set (there are some adorable little poinsettia dies in this bundle as well that would look great on this card) using Cherry Cobbler ink.  I cut little flags on each end and used my Bone Folder to curve my sentiment up and down and I adhered it to the bottom of the card with dimensionals and liquid glue.  Once that was all done, I went ahead and centered my wreath between the top of the card and the top of the sentiment. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  Keep watching for more cards using this great bundle in upcoming posts and check out the previous post where it was used.  I will list the supplies I used below, and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at:

https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796

or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  Unfortunately, with the recent changes to the Stampin’ Up! website we are experiencing problems with direct links to individual products (we hope to have this corrected soon) until we have a fix I am listing the item numbers below.  I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope to have the situation remedied soon. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Stamps/Dies: Arrange A Wreath Bundle (154109) and Pointsettia Place Stamp Set (153475)

 Cardstock:  Very Vanilla (101650), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Soft Seafoam (146988), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Garden Green (102584), Daffodil Delight (119683)

 Papers:  In Good Taste DSP (152494), Goil Foil (132622)

 Inks:  Cherry Cobbler (147083)

 Misc: Mini Dimensionals (144108), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430), Liquid Glue (110755), Bone Folder (102300)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment