Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Season of Thanks Card

 I have been thinking about how much I love the fall and those beautiful fall colors.  So, I decided to play with a returning favorite of mine, the Gather Together bundle.  I also wanted to add in some new favorites from the Handmade For You catalog (previously known as the holiday mini).  I saw a post from another demonstrator Frances Martin that showed how to make this adorable leaf using Window Sheets and I just knew I had to give it a try.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Mint Macaron cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”. 

To make the next layer I started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” to which I added a piece of the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper to the bottom of this that measured 2 ½ x 4”.  Then I wrapped a piece of the Cinnamon Cider ribbon around where the two pieces met.  I stamped my sentiment in the top right corner with Early Espresso ink and attached this layer to the card base. 

I then stamped my largest leaf from the Gather Together bundle onto Window Sheet using VersaMark ink and embossed it using Copper Stampin’ Embossing powder (retired, but you could use the gold).  I used my Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend marker to color it from the back, while that was still wet, I added some of the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend marker to it.  Then I just blended them together to create the look of a leaf turning into fall colors.  I used the coordinating die to cut out the leaf (you will want to run it through a couple of times to get a clean cut) and I used Mini Glue dots to adhere it to my card.

Next, I stamped the large leaf from the bundle with VersaMark ink again, this time on Cajun Craze cardstock and I heat embossed it using using the Bronze embossing powder and adhered it to the front of my card. 

For my smaller leaf I used one of the smaller dies and die cut and embossed (yes, the dies do both) a leaf from the Brushed Metallic cardstock (I used the Bronze one) and added it to the area where my two big leaves meet with a Dimensional.

For my final embellishment I created a triple bow out of the Linen Thread and added one of the adorable and I do mean adorable little metal Acorn Trinkets.  For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the pumpkin from the bundle on the bottom right corner using Cajun Craze ink.  I colored it in with the Light Pumpkin Pie and Light Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends (I did the same for my envelope).   

I hope you enjoy this card it was certainly fun to create.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment