Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 17, 2020

Positive Thoughts Fun Fold Card

 I recently held my new catalog open house (yes very late and very small with lots of social distancing thanks to the current situation).  I did however plan some make and take cards since the ladies have not crafted together in months and we all needed some creative time together. 

Here is one of the cards we made…


The card base is Soft Seafoam cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 4 ¼”.  Then there is a layer of Whisper White that measures 4 x 5 ¼” that I embossed using the beautiful Dainty Diamond 3D Embossing Folder on.  For the part of the card that actually opens I cut a piece of Soft Seafoam cardstock to 4 ½ x 6” and scored it at 3”.  This is adhered to the center of the card base using Dimensionals to give it height and interest.  I then cut out two pieces of Whisper White cardstock using the stitched rectangle die from the Nature’s Thoughts Dies (the cardstock was about 4 ¾ x 3 ¼”).

Now comes the fun part, stamping and decorating.  For the inside panel I simply stamped the butterfly from the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set in the corner using Smoky Slate ink and then I added a little Night of Navy colored pencil and blended it out with my blender pen.  Here’s what it looks like finished…


On the panel that became the front of the card I stamped the sentiment across it using more Smokey Slate ink and I stamped the fern across the center with Soft Seafoam ink.  I used a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and stamped another butterfly with the Smokey Slate ink and die cut it using the same coordinating dies.  I wrapped a piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Trim around this layer and tied a square knot.  This was then adhered to my card and my card was finished. 

I hope you enjoy this card it was certainly fun to create and the ladies at the open house really liked it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment