Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 3, 2020

My Thoughts Are With You – Arrange a Wreath

As I said previously, I have been working on a set of cards that feature the Arrange a Wreath bundle.  I wanted to create cards that would show just how versatile this set is and some of the many ways it can be used.  I will be posting a different card (for a different event) over the next several days that shows just that.  Here is what the bundle looks like. 



And here is today’s card – A simple Thinking of You card, something we all need.


The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The second layer was created using Designer Series Paper from the 2020 – 2022 In Colors paper pack, that was cut to 4 x 5 ¼”. 

To begin the building of this wreath I started out by cutting the third largest circle from the Layering Circles dies from Whisper White.  I then stamped my sentiment “My Thoughts Are With You” from the Prized Peony stamp set onto the center of my circle using Misty Moonlight ink.  For the base of my wreath I cut two different wreath layers from the Arrange a Wreath dies, one was cut from Old Olive cardstock and one was cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock, I arranged these onto my white circle. 

For my sunflowers I die cut ten of the flowers from the dies out of Bumble Bee Cardstock and then I shaped them a little with my bone folder (I just pulled the petals towards me while curling them with the bone folder to give them some shape.  To add a little more interest to them I also added a little Bumble Bee ink around the edges of each petal using a Sponge Dauber.  Once they were all done, I just glued (liquid glue works best here) two sets of flowers together being sure to off set the petals for a fuller look and placed them onto the wreath (for this I found Mini Glue dots worked best.  For the flower centers I cut five centers out of Crumb Cake cardstock using the die and added the spots using the coordinating stamp from the set and Early Espresso ink (I think this makes the flower). 

I think this is my favorite card made from this bundle so far, it just seems happy to me.  I hope you enjoy it as well.  Check out more cards using this great bundle in previous and upcoming posts.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment