Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Starting on Christmas

I have been having some fun with the new Poinsettia Petals Bundle and today’s card is a simple take on the bundle which has some amazing 3D Poinsettia’s in it.  I chose to keep todays card less 3D realizing that some of the beautiful 3D elements would not fair well when mailed long distances.   

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a Mossy Meadow layer that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.

I cut another piece of the Crumb Cake cardstock this time to 3 ¾ x 5” and attached it over the Mossy Meadow layer. 

Note:  For the speckles on my card I used stamps from Forever Fern and Christmas Gleaming (because I wanted two different sizes of them) with Soft Suede ink, but there are lots of sets out there that have these types of background stamps and any would work.  I just find these kinds of elements just add so much interest to the card front. 

I stamped my Poinsettia onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock (about 3 x 3”) using VersaMark ink and then I added Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool, I used the coordinating dies from the bundle to cut it out.  I stamped my leaves onto scraps of Mossy Meadow cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink and die cut them using the coordinating dies.   I cut two pieces of foliage (from the same bundle) out of Silver Foil Sheet.  Once that was all stamped and cut out, I went to work on my sentiment.  I used the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals bundle (I love the font on this one) and I stamped it onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler (about 1 ¼ x 4 ¼”) using VersaMark ink and embossed it again using the Silver powder.  Once it was done, I cut it out using the Ornate Layers Dies (I love the stitched look on these). 

Now it is time to assemble.  I started with my sentiment in the bottom right corner and adhered it using Dimensionals.  Next, I added my Poinsettia, again with Dimensionals.  The I added my two leaves with Dimensionals and finally I adhered my silver foliage with some liquid glue.

Note:  I did use my Bone Folder to shape some of the petals on my Poinsettia and to shape both of my leaves.  Remember, doing this gives the card some movement which makes it much more interesting.   

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: (Optional supplies would include: Forever Fern (152559) and/or Christmas Gleaming (150464)


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment