Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Beauty Abounds Center Step Card

I had posted a picture of this cute card that I made my mother in law just a few days ago for her birthday on my Facebook page and promised to post the full instructions here on my blog so here goes.



The finished card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is just adorable.  I started with the base which is made with a piece of crumb cake card stock that measured 11 x 5 1/2".  I placed the piece in my trimmer    1 1/4" in from the left hand side and cut from 1" to 6 1/2".  I then moved the piece over to 4 1/4" from the left side (or 1 1/4" from the right side) and again cut from 1" to 6 1/2".  I then started at the 1" mark and scored just the outside pieces (both left and right) at 1", 2" and 6 1/2" and the center piece at 5 1/2".  Starting at the 1" score make a mountain fold, at the 2" make a valley fold and then mountain folds at the 5 1/2" center score line and the two outer 6 1/2" score lines.  This makes the cards structure.

I then cut pieces of Blushing Bride cardstock at 3 1/4 x 4 1/4", 7/8 x 4 1/4" and two pieces at 7/8 x    4 1/4".  I stamped the two 7/8 x 4 1/4" pieces with the stamp from the Very Vintage Hostess Set using versa mark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment, Enjoy your special day! from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set also with versa mark ink and used white embossing powder.  For the little butterflies I used a technique that is new to me (but something I will definitely be doing again) it is reverse stamping.  So to get my cute little butterflies which are from the Beauty Abounds stamp set, to face one another I stamped the one on the left onto my silicone craft sheet with versa mark and then laid my crumb cake cardstock onto it and rubbed (which moved the ink onto the paper) and then I went ahead and used my white embossing powder on it as well (this required I fussy cut it out but that was a small price to pay to get these mirror images).   

Finally for the center of my card I cut a piece of whisper white cardstock to 3 x 4" which I stamped the beautiful lace looking stamp from the Very Vintage stamp set using Crumb cake ink.  Then I got busy with the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies.  I cut the first layer out of Crumb Cake cardstock and the second layer out of Blushing Bride cardstock.  Due to the size of the butterflies I needed to cut the top butterfly off (but I did re-position it on the card just a little lower, so it would fit in the envelope, which I made using my envelope punch board).  I attached the two layers of the butterflies along with all my other pieces using the fine-tip glue pen (I love the fine line of glue I can get using it).

I hope you enjoy this project I know I did.  As always Happy Crafting!!


The supplies used for this project are listed below and can be purchased from my website at www.craftingwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (120953), Blushing Bride (131198), Whisper White (100730)
Stamps: Very Vintage (146801), Dragonfly Dreams (142924) , Beauty Abounds (148726)
Inks: Versa Mark (102283), Crumb Cake (147116)
Misc.: White Embossing Powder (109132), Heat Tool 129053, Silicone Craft Sheet (127853), Fine-Tip Glue Pen (138309)

1 comment:

  1. I love this and am definitely going to try it. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete