Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, April 29, 2019

Simple Stamping with Artistically Asian

Ok, so I have to admit I have had this set for a long time and have not even begun to use it to its potential and now it is retiring in June.  So here we go with a couple cards using the Artistically Asian stamp set (I have used this one numerous times for sympathy cards because of its simple clean look).  Here is the first card I created using this set:


I began with a black card base (something I don't often do but each time I do I wonder why I don't use more black in my cards because it really sets off the other colors).  My base is 4 1/4 x 11" scored at 5 1/2" to make an A-2 card.  I then added this beautiful designers series paper called Petal Promenade, while the one side is bright busy flowers I loved the simple clean look of grays and pinks in a marbled affect for this card (this piece is 4 x 5 1/4").  I then pulled out my trusty dies and die cut two squares using the stitched shapes dies one in black and one in petal pink.  I then stamped the image using smoky slate ink (love how it pulled the gray out of the designer series paper).  I also cut two rectangles using the rectangle stitched dies (one from black and one from whisper white), I stamped my sentiment on the white piece with Memento ink.  I off set the pieces and then popped both with dimensionals.  I really like the twist I used rather than those perfectly centered shapes (I just think it makes the card more interesting).

So there you have it, simple, clean and beautiful.  All the supplies can be found on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  But don't wait too long or you will miss out as both this designer series paper and the stamp set are retiring.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Paper:  Petal Promenade DSP (146913), Petal Pink CS (146985), Black CS (121045), and Whisper White CS (100730)
Stamps: Artistically Asian (141781)
Dies: Rectangle Stitched (148551) and Stitched Shapes (145372)
Inks: Smokey Slate (131179) and Memento (132708)
Misc.: Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment