Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Final Swap Card for On Stage

Well finally, I have completed my goal of 100 cards to swap with the other Stampin Up demonstrators attending the On Stage event in Charlotte, NC this weekend.  And here it is


While the stamp is quite simple it made for an exciting easel card (something I have been wanting to make for a while).  So here is how it was done:

I started with the base which is a piece of Whisper White card stock that measured 4 1/4 x 11" and was scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2" (there are tons of you tube videos on easel cards out there but this made a basic A-2 card).  I then made the layers for the front of the card.  I started with Lemon Lime Twist card stock which I cut out using the largest of the Rectangle Stitched Framelit dies (approx 4 x 5 1/4") I then used the second largest die (approx 3 1/2 x 4 3/4) to cut the Lemon Lime Twist Gingham Gala DSP, then the third largest die (approx 3 x 4 1/2") to cut out another Lemon Lime Twist card stock layer and finally the fourth largest die (approximately 2 3/4 x 4") to cut out a layer of Whisper White card stock.

I stamped the dandelions from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set to the Whisper White layer using Memento ink and then adhered it to the smallest of the Lemon Lime Twist layers.  Then I wrapped those pieces with Basic Black Bakers Twine and tied it in a little bow.  When I had that done I adhered it to the Gingham Gala layer and then that to the largest of the Lemon Lime Twist layers.  

To make the easel you simply glue your topper on to the bottom half of the fold (that part that was scored at 2 3/4").  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White card stock that was 1 1/4 x 2 1/4" and mounted that onto a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock that measured 1 1/2 x 2 1/2".  I popped them up using a couple dimensionals (this is what allows your easel card to stand up) and added three little Clear Rhinestone Jewels to the dandelions and it was done.  I made a number of these cards using all the different colors in the Gingham Gala DSP paper pack and simply used the color of card stock that coordinated (so I ended up with some that were Lemon Lime Twist, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, and Highland Heather).

I hope you enjoyed this card I know I enjoyed making it.  I will list all the supplies I used below (remember you can change up the colors and make lots of these), supplies are available for purchase on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dandelion Wishes (146747)
Ink: Memento (132708)
Card stock: Whisper White (100730), Lemon Lime Twist (144245)
DSP: Gingham Gala (148554)
Dies:  Rectangle Stitched Framelits (148551)
Misc.: Basic Black Bakers Twine (141682) and Jewels Basic Rhinestones (119246)

No comments:

Post a Comment