Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Dragonfly Dreams and Petal Promenade

I have vowed to use some of my amazing stash of products that will be retiring on June 3rd and wait to start sharing some of the new products until we get closer to the catalog going live to customers.  This is for two reasons, one I want to enjoy creating with current products so I can show you the possibilities so you too can get them before they retire and also because I need to clear my stash for some of the beautiful new products (not that these are not equally beautiful mind you).  So here is a card I made using one of my favorite stamp and die sets that will be retiring along with the beautiful paper I used.

This card just came to me, I have always loved these dragonflies but had never considered them in pink.  Well I had this beautiful variegated petal pink ribbon and when I saw it with the gorgeous bokeh paper which also featured the pink and white I just knew I needed to use it.



So I started with a basic whisper white card base (11 x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2") I added a layer of petal pink cardstock (4 x 5 1/4") and a layer of the petal promenade pink and white bokeh paper (3 3/4 x 5").  Hey remember my tip and cut the dragonflies out of the center of the pink layer (this saves paper and keeps the mailing weight down.

I stamped the underside of the dragonfly with Blushing Bride ink onto very vanilla cardstock and then cut the large dragonfly and the small ones out of the petal pink (I did cut off a couple of the small dragonflies because I liked the look of three verses five and I adhered the large petal pink dragonfly onto the very vanilla piece I had stamped but only down the center so the wings would look more 3-D).  I adhered the small dragonflies directly onto the paper but I did shape the wings of the large dragonfly (just used my bone folder) and popped it up with dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment with Memento ink and simply assembled the card.

I love how soft this card looks, it will be perfect for that special friend.  I will list all the supplies I used below and they can all be found on my website (at least until they retire so don't wait) at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net  or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Paper: Petal Promenade DSP (146913), Petal Pink CS (146985), Very Vanilla CS (101650), Whisper White CS (100730)
Inks: Blushing Bride (131172), Memento Ink (132708)
Stamp Set: Dragonfly Dreams (142924)
Dies: Detailed Dragonflies (142749
Misc.: Petal Pink Variegated Ribbon (148776), Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment