Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Daisies bring me smiles

Like most people flowers can bring a smile to my face pretty quickly, so when I was designing cards to swap at the Stampin Up On Stage event in Charlotte, North Carolina next week I could not resist making something with a flower.  So here they are, I made them with the cute Gingham Gala 6 x 6" DSP papers and my trusty Daisy punch.  I also decided to make them in more than one color just to add a twist.  So I made one featuring Daffodil Delight and the other featuring Highland Heather (ironic that both papers I chose to use have flower names as well isn't it).  





This is a very simple basic card that is easy to mass produce.  These would make great sets to give away as hostess gifts or neighbor gifts (going to have to work on making these with the other three colors featured in the Gingham Gala paper (those would be Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove and Lemon Lime Twist) I think little sets of five cards and envelopes all fit beautifully in Stampin Up Acetate Card Boxes, these little clear boxes make the card sets a perfect gift (they are item #144628) if you are interested.

So back to the card.  I started with my Daffodil Delight (or Highland Heather) card stock to make the card base.  On this one however I did alter it a bit and cut my card stock at 4 1/4 x 11" and then scored at 5 1/2" and folded it down to make a card that opens from the bottom to the top instead of from side to side (just something different).  I then added a piece of the Gingham Gala DSP that measured 2  x 5 1/4" on the left side of the card base (this paper has a small gingham on one side and a large gingham print on the other so you can use either side your choice, here is one I did with the larger print).


Next I stamped the sentiment from the Detailed with Love stamp set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Balmy Blue (or Highland Heather) I then cut the sentiment out using the 4th largest scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals Framelit.  Next  I  stamped and three of the Daisies from the Daisy Delight stamp set using Daffodil Delight ink for one set and Highland Heather ink for the second set.  I  and I punched out the daisies using the Daisy Punch.  I stamped the center of top Daffodil Delight daisy with Crumb Cake ink (I used Daffodil Delight on the Highland Heather daisy).  I used my bone folder to curl up the petals on all the daisies and then layered the three of them off set from one another and glued them all together.  I put the sentiment on using dimensions just to add some depth.  

I am pretty happy with this plain and simple yet pretty card.  I hope you enjoyed it as well and as always Happy Crafting!!!  The supplies I used for this project are listed below and can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.

Supplies:
Card stock:  Daffodil Delight (119683), Whisper White (100730), Highland Heather (146986)
DSP:  Gingham Gala 6 x 6" DSP (148554)
Inks:  Balmy Blue (147105), Daffodil Delight (147094) and Crumb Cake (147116)
Stamp sets:  Daisy Delight (142669) and Detailed with Love (146606)
Misc.:  Daisy Punch (143713), Layering Ovals Framelits (141706) and Dimensionals (104430)





No comments:

Post a Comment