Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, April 8, 2019

Gingham anyone?

Let me start with an apology about the photography, I am no photographer and I know I need to invest in a light box and a better camera than my phone but what I have is what I have at this point so this is about as good as I can get it.  LOL


Today's cards continue to be cards I prepared for the swap at the Stampin Up On Stage event in Charlotte, NC next weekend.  I am trying to make 100 cards so I am leaning towards simple and clean.  So as you can see these were make in four different colors but the directions are all the same so let me start with the basics.

I cut a piece of whisper white card stock in half at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" (now here is my hint for time saving when making two card bases).  I started by scoring the card stock at 8 1/4" on the 8 1/2" side and then simply cut the piece in half at 5 1/2" (much faster than scoring each one separately).  I then cut my next layer (I used balmy blue, daffodil delight, lemon lime twist and highland heather) at 4 x 5 1/4" and adhered it to the card base.  Next I added the coordinating Gingham Gala DSP that I cut at 2 x 5" to the left side of the card.

For the focal point I used the Beautiful You stamp set.  Just look at all the wonderful stamps in this set:

I stamped the image onto a piece of whisper white card stock that I had cut out using the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits using Memento ink (so I can use the Stampin Blends and the ink doesn't smear).  I then selected a complimentary color (I used Daffodil Delight on the Balmy Blue and Highland Heather cards and Highland Heather on the Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist cards) and cut a piece of that cardstock out using the largest scalloped die from the Layered Ovals Framelits.  Next I colored in my beautiful lady using Stampin Blend Alcohol Markers in Daffodil Delight and Highland Heather (I love these because they do all the work for me).  I layered the stamped image on the scalloped oval and then popped the whole thing up on the center of the card using dimensions.  

While I decided not to stamp a sentiment on these cards (so they can be used for anything) I do believe any one of the sentiments in this set would be great on this card.  

As I said this is a pretty basic card and I will list the supplies I used to make all four below and they are available for purchase on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies:

Card stock: Whisper White (100730), Balmy Blue (147105), Daffodil Delight (147094), Lemon Lime Twist (144245) and Highland Heather (146986)
DSP: Gingham Gala (148554)
Ink: Memento (132708)
Markers:  Stampin Blends Combos in Highland Heather (147276) and Daffodil Delight (144603)
Stamp Set: Beautiful You (143637)
Dies:  Layering Ovals (141706) and Stitched Shapes (145372)
Misc.: Dimensionals (104430) Adhesive of choice

No comments:

Post a Comment