Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, April 5, 2019

Seeing Dragonflies

I loved the center step card I made for my mother in laws birthday but I really like cards that fit into standard envelopes (don't like having to pay that extra postage for square cards) so here is one that is a perfect A-2 card (finished size is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2") that fits nicely into an A-2 envelope and can be mailed with a regular first class stamp.



So for the base I cut a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11".  I then placed the cardstock in my trimmer (with the 4 1/4" going across and the 11" going down) at the 1" mark and cut it from 1" to 6 1/2" (there are lots of you tubes out there you can watch for center step cards to get a better idea of how this is done).  I then moved it over to the 3 1/4" mark and cut the other side the same way.  I scored those 1" sides at 1", 2" and 6 1/2" and the center was scored at 5 1/2" and then they were folded just like yesterdays card (the only difference here is the width of this finished card).  

I then made the layers for my card by cutting Pear Pizzazz cardstock to 17/8 x 4 1/4", 7/8 x 4 1/8" and two at 7/8 x 4 1/4".  The Floral Romance Specialty DSP was cut at 1 3/4 x 4 1/8" and two at 3/4 x 4 1/8".  I stamped a cute sentiment from the Beauty Abounds stamp set onto the base of the card on the piece that measured 7/8 x 4 1/8" using Mossy Meadow ink and then simply layered everything as shown in the photo.  

The cute dragonfly is from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and the first layer was cut from Soft Sea Foam cardstock and the top layer was cut from Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  I then used my bone folder and curled his wings up just a little to give him the look of flying and popped him up in the center of the card with a couple dimensions.  

I hope you enjoy this card.  And as always Happy Crafting!!!

Below is a list of the supplies used to make this card.  These supplies and lots more are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking on the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Supplies:  
Cardstock: Mossy Meadow (133676), Pear Pizzazz(131201), Soft Sea Foam(146988)
DSP:  Floral Romance Specialty (148586)
Dies: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits (142749)
Stamp Set:  (148726)
Ink: Mossy Meadow (147111)
Misc.: Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Dimensionsl (104430), Stampin' Trimmer (126889) and Bone Folder (102300)

No comments:

Post a Comment