Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Painting With Inks

I used the beautiful stamp from Blessings of Home and I have been doing some experimenting with different ways to color in my stamps.  I wanted to do a bit of white washing but in this case add other colors in as well.  So, I used my Water Painters and some ink to come up with todays card. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Blushing Bride cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I stamped my flowers and sentiment from the Blessings of Home stamp set onto it using VersaMark Ink.  I then added Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set that with my Heat Tool. 

The key to this technique is to be careful not to add too much water to the ink and cardstock.  So, with a little ink and water I added the color to my stamp (you can either push one of your small blocks down into the ink pad our you can squeeze the pad while it is closed and gather some of the ink up in the lid).  Using the Water Markers I started with my richer colors at the centers of the flowers and ended with a little Whisper White ink at the tips for depth.  The ink colors I used to paint the flowers were, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Petal Pink and of course Whisper White.  I was very happy with how it turned out and it was really quite easy to do. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment