Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Crane of Fortune Easel Card

I decided to create an easel card today featuring the Crane of Fortune Bundle and the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper from the January – June 2022 catalog.  Stampin’ Up! is known for having some beautiful designer series paper is no exception.  The colors are so beautiful and vibrant and the gold accents just make it.      

Here is what I came up with…



The card base is Calypso Coral cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  Once the card base is cut and scored, I started at the score line over 1” from each side and slit the cardstock, this leaves you with three different pieces that open.  Once that is done score the center piece in half horizontally at 2 1/8”.  Next I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 4” and centered that on the inside of the card (I find doing that at this point is easier for me).  I then cut two pieces of Soft Succulent cardstock to 7/8 x 4 1/8” and adhered them to the two side panels. To this I added two pieces of the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper that measured ¾ x 4”.  Once both side panels were finished, I adhered them down to the card back leaving just the center piece to be opened and closed.

For my main element I cut a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock to 3 3/8 x 4 1/8” and to this I added another coordinating piece of the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper that measured 3 ¼ x 4”.  This is where we create our easel.  Adhere this piece to just the bottom half of the fold on the center of the card and you will have your easel. 

To decorate the card, I die cut some of the flowers out of the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Paper using the dies from the Crane of Fortune Bundle.  I also die cut one of the small Ginkgo’s and two of the foliage pieces from Soft Succulent cardstock.  I adhered my foliage pieces directly to the card and used Dimensionals to pop up my flowers and the Gingko.  For the inside of the card, you need to add something with dimension to hold your easel up for display.  I stamped one of the sentiments from the Cranes of Fortune Bundle it says “Sending A THOUSAND WELL-WISHES on your special day” but I didn’t want the on your special day part so I just cut it off.  I stamped it onto a piece of Soft Succulent with Evening Evergreen ink and then cut it down to 1 5/8 x ¾” and then I attached that to a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that measured 1 7/8 x 1” and I popped it up on Dimensionals to catch my easel. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment