Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 21, 2022

Pocket Card

I wanted to create something different than what I had been with the Honeybee Home bundle from the January – July Mini catalog.  So where did I go for inspiration, why Pinterest of course.  I found this adorable little pocket card that Rose Mahoney had created and so I decided to put a little of my own spin on it and see what I could come up with.    

Here is my take on the card…


The card base is Cinnamon Cider cardstock that is cut to 4 1/3 x 5 ½”.  Next, I added a piece of the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper (DSP) that measured 4 x 5 ¼” to this, this makes the base.  I then cut a piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock to 3 ½ x 3 ½” and cut it diagonally to make the base for my pocket (save the other half for another card).  Then I took the same DSP as I had used on the base and cut it to 3 ¼ x 3 ¼” and cut it diagonally (now be careful here to make sure you keep your paper running in the same direction if it is directional, for mine I needed to be sure the boards continued to run up and down not side to side).  Once you have the two cut adhere them together and add them to the left corner with a thin line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue just on the left side and the bottom.  To finish this part of the card I die cut one of the grasses from the Honeybee Home Dies out of Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum and added it to my pocket.  I stamped one of the bees from the Honeybee Home stamp set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it with Daffodil Delight (both light and dark) and the Light Smokey Slate Stampin’ Blends and I added it using a Dimensional.  The photos don’t show it but I did add Wink of Stella to all the bees and flowers on this card.


Now it is time to move onto the insert for the card.  I cut a piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock to 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and a piece of Basic White to the same size.  On my Basic White cardstock, I stamped and colored my bee using the same colored Stampin’ Blends I used on the first bee (this is the back and will be where I write my message or stamp a sentiment.  


I then cut my DSP to 3 x 4” and adhered it to the front side.  I added one of the Basic Gray Heart & Home Doilies to the center of the DSP.  Then I stamped both the flowers and two of the bees from the stamp set onto scraps of Very Vanilla Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I colored the bees the same as the two previous bees.  For my flowers I used the Soft Succulent for all the leaves and foliage and for one I colored it with Daffodil Delight and the other was colored with Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends.  I then die cut them using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  While I was die cutting I cut two of the floral images from the Pale Papaya Shimmer Vellum and another of the grasses from the Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum.  Then I simply layered them all onto my doily.  I did not use dimensionals on this layer as it needs to lay a little flat to slide easily in and out of the pocket.  One note, to help that sliding in and out take your bone folder after your glue is well set and just run it back and forth in the pocket to encourage it to have a little give.   


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment