Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Driving By to Say Hi

Yesterday I posted a card made with the Driving By stamp set which is a free stamp set you can earn during Sale-a-bration with a qualifying $50 order.  I was so happy with how the card turned out I was ready to play with the set a little more.  Now I was born in the 1960’s so my young parents were still a little hippy at that point (yes Dad wore bellbottoms and had a pink shirt that had a zipper with a medallion that hung on it that say LOVE and Mom did have those white go-go boots) but the one thing they didn’t have but I always thought was cool was a van like the one on this card. 


Funny right?  My Dad was a carpet installer so he had a van but he never would allow it to be painted like this, LOL.  So here is how the card came together.  The card base is Crushed Curry cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added an additional layer of the Crushed Curry cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and was embossed using the Gingham Embossing Folder.  I added a piece of Designer Series paper from the Pattern Play package which is a hostess reward from the Annual Catalog that measures 2 x 4”.  My focal point was built on a piece of Basic White cardstock that I die cut using the Hippo and Friends dies.  I started by stamping my van on with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and my sentiment with Bermuda Bay ink.  I then colored the bumpers, tail pipe, wheels and the top half of the van using the Stampin’ Blends listed below.  I then stamped the image a second time on a piece of Designer Series Paper from the Pattern Play package and I fussy cut out the body so I could piece it onto my stamped image on the die cut.  When I was done with that, I simply popped it up on my card with Dimensionals.  The final embellishment was five of the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment