Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Just Buzzing Around

I think the Honeybee Home Bundle and the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper from the January – June mini catalog are great together.  I love that there are so many coordinating products including the Hive 3D Embossing Folder, the Heart & Home Doilies from the mini catalog and the adorable little Bumblebee Trinkets from the Annual catalog.  So, I had some fun mixing and matching things from both the catalogs, the coordinating of the products between catalogs and across the paper, ink and embellishments is one of the things that I love most about Stampin' Up!      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Cinnamon Cider cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, set this aside we will come back to it.  Then I cut a piece of Pale Papaya cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I attached a piece of the Pale Papaya Shimmer Vellum that measured 2 x 5 ¼” that I had embossed using the Hive 3D Embossing Folder (the best way to adhere vellum so you don’t see the adhesive is to put some of the Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue on your Silicone Craft Mat and use a dauber to add it lightly to the back of the vellum, best part is the glue left on the mat will just peel off once it has dried) to the bottom of the piece.  Then I added a piece of the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper that measured 2 x 5 ¼” to the top.  This left a gap but that was fine because I wanted to add a piece of the Frayed Ribbon to the center of the card anyway.  So I wrapped my ribbon around the card and attached it to the back using Tear & Tape (this stuff is good and strong so it is my go to adhesive for this kind of thing). 

Now it is time to go ahead and embellish.  I added one of the Cinnamon Cider Heart & Home Doilies to the center using Dimensionals (just add two at the top and two at the bottom because they won’t stick to the ribbon).  Then I die cut some of the flowers from the dies in the bundle out of some scraps of the Pale Papaya Shimmer Vellum and adhered them directly to the doily. I stamped the floral image from the bundle onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Cinnamon Cider ink.  Now here is a tip, since the ink is water based if you add a little Wink of Stella while the ink is still wet you can move a little of that color around and onto the flowers.  I added this using Dimensionals right to the center of the card.  For my final embellishments I added three of the cute little Bumblebee Trinkets and a bow that was made from the Pale Papaya 3/8” Open Weave Ribbon using Mini Glue Dots.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment