Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Paper, Stamp and Ink

I wanted to create a card with the New Horizon’s Designer Series Paper that used very minimal supplies but looked great when it was done.  I had seen this type of card created on Pinterest but I could not find the measurements anywhere so out came some scrap paper and after some cutting and figuring I finally figured it out.    

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Polished Pink cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  To create my panels, I started with a piece of the New Horizon’s Designer Series Paper that measured 3 7/8 x 6” (with the design flowing across the 6” side).  NOTE:  when cutting the pieces, it helps if you keep them laid out the way they will be going on the card so you don’t get them mixed up.  I started by cutting 2 ½” off the left side and setting that aside.  I then cut the remaining piece of the DSP to 7/8 x 3 7/8” taking it from the left side of the paper, this became the center of the design.  Next, I cut a piece off the left side of that piece that were 3/8”, 5/8” and ½” and set them to the side.  Now I returned to that first piece of Designer Series Paper we cut from and from the right side I cut pieces that were 3/8”, 5/8” and ½”.

Here is where the cutting gets a little confusing so hang in there with me and I will do my best to explain it.  Because you want to keep your pattern even across the card you need to remove some of the top and some of the bottom of each of the strips.  So, starting with the strips that are 3/8” cut 1/8” off both the top and bottom of each of the two.  Moving on to the 5/8” pieces cut ¼” off the top and 3/8” off the bottom of both.  For the ½” strips you will need to trim off ½” on both the top and the bottom of the pieces. 

Now to create the mats you will need Basic Black cardstock cut to 1 x4”, ½ x 3 ¾” (2 each), ¾ x 3 3/8” (2 each), and 5/8 x 3” (2 each).  To mount these on the card I measured over to the center of the card base and made a little light pencil mark on the top and the bottom at 2 ¾” which is the center.  I centered my largest piece there and then worked across both sides of the card keeping the spacing as close to the same as I could throughout the card.  My final addition was a simple sentiment “Always thinking of you” from the Very Versailles stamp set.  I stamped it in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap piece of Polished Pink cardstock that measured 5/8 x 4”.  I then cut a little flag end and mounted it onto a scrap of Basic Black cardstock that measured ¾ x 4 ¼” which I also flagged.  I popped this up on the card using Dimensionals.  So, there you have it, paper, stamp, ink how easy is that?

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment