Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Seeing Double

I have been working with the New Horizons 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper from the January – June Mini catalog.  I love the beautiful watercolor papers; they are perfect just the way they are created.  So, I am doing very little to the cards and just highlighting the beautiful paper.  So today I created two cards using one half a sheet of the paper, yes that is correct just a half a sheet of paper    

Here is what I came up with…


The card bases were created by splitting a sheet of Pale Papaya cardstock down the center, the pieces are 4 ¼ x 11”, scored at 5 ½”.  This means the card will open from the bottom up.  Next, I cut my New Horizons Designer Series paper in half and in half again, leaving me with two 3 x 3” pieces.  I cut two pieces of Evening Evergreen cardstock to 3 ¼ x 3 ¼” and mounted the Designer Series paper onto them. 

For the first card I kept it quite simple.  I stamped my sentiment “Relax & ENJOY YOUR DAY! from the On The Horizon stamp set directly onto my card base in the bottom right corner using Evening Evergreen ink.  I then adhered my Designer Series Paper and it’s mat directly onto the card base.  The only embellishment I used was a triple bow created from the Evening Evergreen twine from the Fan Baker’s Twine pack, it was adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.

My second card was kicked up just a notch.  I stamped my sentiment ‘WISHING YOU SO MUCH happiness” also from the On The Horizon stamp set directly onto my card base in the bottom left corner.  I then added my Designer Series Paper and it’s mat onto the card base, this time with Dimensionals.  I then added a bow made from the Evening Evergreen 3/8” Open Weave Ribbon onto the corner of that again with a Mini Dimensional.  I wanted to add just a touch more to this card so I used my Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blends and I colored three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and added them to the bottom right. 

As you can see these cards are very similar, it really is just all about how much you want to embellish them.  I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly enjoyed making them.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!  

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment