Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Daffodil Day Dream

I love the 3D flowers you can created with the dies from the Daffodil Day Dream Bundle.  For my card used some of the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper that I earned for free for making a $50 qualifying purchase during Sale-a-bration (which ends on February 28th so don’t miss out).      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of the Simply Marbelous DSP and cut it to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and I stamped the daffodils from the stamp set in the bundle all over it using Melon Mambo ink.  I attached that directly to my card base.  I then used the Scalloped Contours Dies and cut a piece of Basic White cardstock using the second largest of the scalloped stitched rectangles and I added it to the center of the card using Dimensionals. 

With the base all completed I got to work die cutting using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I cut two of the full daffodils and one of the buds.  I did the solid pieces in Basic White and the overlay pieces in Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I also cut two stems and three leaves from Old Olive cardstock.  I used Daubers and I inked the edges of all my die cuts.  I added Daffodil Delight ink to the white flowers, Pumpkin Pie ink to the pumpkin pie pieces and Old Olive to the stems and leaves.  I assembled my flowers as shown (note: on the full flowers I did add the center using a Dimensional for added interest and I did shape the petals before adhering them to one another).  To finish off the card I added a bow using the Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon, I attached it with a Mini Glue Dot. 

I think this card would be a great Easter card or a nice Mother’s Day card, you can never go wrong with a pretty 3D flower.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment