Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 14, 2022

Driving By in my Red Convertible

I earned this adorable free stamp set called Driving By during Sale-a-bration with a qualifying $50 order.  Don’t forget Sale-a-bration ends on February 28th and there are some great freebies being offered.  When this set arrived, I kept looking at it and wondering exactly how I was going to use it.  Then I started to play around with it and I am loving what I am creating.  Today I decided I wanted to have some fun with the convertible in the set and of course it had to be red right?

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock to 3 x 5 ½” and I embossed it using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.  Then to add a little more dept to the piece I blended some Real Red ink onto it using a Blending Brush.  I then mounted this onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I wrapped some White Twine around it and tied a bow before adhering it to my card base.

I stamped my fun image onto Basic White cardstock and then cut it using one of the circles from the Layering Circles Dies.  I cut the next largest scalloped circle from the dies out of Basic Black cardstock and layered that.  I colored my image in using the Stampin’ Blends listed below and added it to my card using Dimensionals.  For my sentiment I stamped “you’ve got style” also from the Driving By stamp set onto a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I then die cut that using one of the dies from the Pretty Pillowbox Dies (you could just cut a rectangle if you don’t have a die).  I cut a second of the dies out of Basic Black cardstock.  I cut this in half and allowed about 1/8” to show from each side.  I then popped this up on the card using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels.  I thought it turned out really cute. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment