Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Slimline Card

Slimline cards have become all the rage and Stampin’ Up! even has Slimline Envelopes available now.  Today I decided I would use several of the products from the Heart & Home Suite to create a slimline card.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 7 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 3 ¾” on the 7 ½” side.  I added a layer of Basic Gray that measures 3 4/8 x 8 3/8”.  Next, I added a layer of the wood panel looking paper from the Heart & Home 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper that measures 3 ½ x 8 ¼”. 

With this all assembled I started to work on my stamping for my card.  I stamped two of the floral bouquets from the Blessings of Home Bundle onto Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and die cut them using the coordinating dies.  I then stamped the three bees from the Honeybee Home Bundle onto Basic White cardstock again with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and die cut them using the coordinating dies.  I colored everything in using the Stampin’ Blends listed below.  (Note:  on the large white flowers I just added a little of the Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends in the center).  I also added Wink of Stella (does not show in the pics but it is beautiful on the card) to just the white flowers and the three bees. 

I adhered one of the bouquets directly onto the card base and I popped the second one up using Dimensionals.  I added all three bees using Dimensionals as well.  I turned my bouquets to give the card that little arch look.  As you can see, I intended this card to be a vertical card but I could have chosen to orient it to a horizonal card as well.

For the inside I simply stamped a part of the bouquet on the bottom corner using Basic Gray Ink and I did the same on the Slimline Envelope.  These envelopes come in a package of 15 with 5 each of Soft Succulent, White and Smoky Slate and each has a nice liner as well.


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment