Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Having Fun With Techniques

I wanted to try some different techniques on this card and the Hello Friendly stamp set and Designer Series Paper that can be earned for free during Sale-a-bration was perfect to use for just that.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Fresh Freesia cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I stamped one of the images from the Hello Friendly stamp set all over the front of it using Fresh Freesia Ink to get that tone-on-tone look.  Next, I die cut a piece of the coordinating Designer Series Paper using one of the Scalloped Contour Dies and added it to the center right of the card base. 

For my focal point I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ½ x 3 ½” and I stamped the images you see from the stamp set using Pear Pizzazz, Fresh Freesia and Pale Papaya ink.  Then I used my Water Painters and added a little water colored Fresh Freesia to the flowers.  I also used them to add a little Daffodil Delight ink to the center of the flowers.  Once everything was dry, I wrapped a piece of the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon around it and tied it in a square knot over on the right side.  I added this layer to the card using Dimesnionals.  For my final addition I cut a piece of the DSP to ¾ x 2” and stamped my sentiment “Hope you have the BEST BIRTHDAY” also from the stamp set onto it using Fresh Freesia ink.  This sentiment was then popped up on the bottom left of the white layer again using Dimensionals. 

So what techniques were used?  I created my own DSP by stamping the images on the card base.  I did some tone-on-tone stamping (the card base and the sentiment) and a little water coloring.  I am happy with how it worked out. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment