Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Hello Friend

I have been playing with some of the new free products from the Sale-a-bration campaign so I can show you them.  Today I decided to play a little with the Friendly Hello Stamp Set and Friendly Hello 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper.  The bundle has 13 stamps and 12 sheets, 2 each of 6 double sided designs and you get both free with a qualifying $100 purchase (contact me if you want more information). 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added two strips of the designer paper to the front of the base, each one measures 2 x 5 ¼”.  I stamped my sentiment (also from the set) onto the highland heather piece that has white dots using Tuxedo Black Memento ink before I attached it.  I wanted to cover the place where the different papers intersected to give it a more finished look, so what I did was cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to ½ x 5 ¼” and I used it to back my Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon (this also made it stand out, I just tucked the ends of the ribbon under the ends of the cardstock and attached the whole thing using Tear & Tape so it would be nice and strong) and I covered where the two pieces of DSP met.    

Next, I stamped the flower image from the stamp set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I then used the light Blackberry Bliss, the Dark Daffodil Delight and the Dark Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends to color the image.  I used my Layering Circles dies to cut it out (you could simply make it a square and just cut it with your trimmer if you don’t have dies) and then cut a larger scalloped circle from the dies out of Basic Black and mounted the image onto it.  I popped this up with Dimensionals.  Three little Matte Black Dots finish the card off. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment