Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Happy To Have You In My Life

Yesterday I wanted to show you how a suite of products Sweet Talk from the January – June Mini Catalog that you might think is for Valentine’s Day could be used in other ways.  Well, today I want to do that again and mix in some products that are from the Annual Catalog as well. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Petal Pink cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I used the Dotty Hearts Embossing folder to emboss the right side of this layer (it is one of the small so it will not do the whole width of this layer but that doesn’t matter as we are going to be covering up the left side don’t attach it to the card base yet).  I then cut a piece of Real Red cardstock that measured 2 x 5 ¼” and a piece of the Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper to 1 ¾ x 5 ¼”.  I adhered my DSP to my Real Red cardstock and then added it to my embossed layer.  Once that was all attached, I wrapped a piece of the Real Red Satin Ribbon around the center of it and added a little square knot and then attached that layer to the base. 

I stamped my sentiment “Happy to have you in my life” from the Sweet Conversations Stamp Set onto a piece of Petal Pink cardstock using Real Red ink and punched it out using one of the Heart Punches.  I also punched out the second heart from the punch set from Highland Heather cardstock and attached the two together.  I added them to the card using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

So, this project was a great example of looking between mini catalogs and the annual catalog and finding ways to use items from each to create whole new looks. I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment