Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Calming Camellia

I received the beautiful Calming Camellia stamp set as a free host gift and so of course I started looking around for ideas on how to use it.  I found a great pin from Lisa Freeman that inspired me.  I have taught this technique before but think I will have to revisit it with my ladies using this beautiful stamp set (we used the Celebrating Sunflowers the last time we did it, posted on February 26, 2021 if you want to check it out)    

Here is what the finished card looks like…


So, before we start let’s talk about the ribbon used on this card.  It is the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and it has been stamped (yes stamped) over and over with the Camellia stamp and Misty Moonlight ink.  The one thing I do want to say is to do this first and set it aside so it has plenty of time to dry so it doesn’t smear on your card.  I did this technique for coloring ribbon the first time during a Stampin’ Up! Onstage Event in Atlanta, pretty neat idea to make that white ribbon super versatile. 

The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and 2 x 2 ½”.  I stamped the camellia from the set once on the small piece and several times on the larger piece using Night of Navy ink.  I then pressed one of my small clear blocks into my Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Pad and picked up some of the white ink onto the block (you may have to do this more than once to color everything in).  I used my blender pen to pick up that white ink and paint in different areas of the camellia’s.

The next thing I did was cut a piece of Basic White cardstock using one of the Scalloped Contour Dies (third largest but if you don't have the die you could use a rectangle cut to about 2 1/2 x 3 3/4").  I wrapped the ribbon around the right side and tied it in a square knot then I added my smaller piece of painted cardstock.  I popped this whole piece up on the center of the card. 

I love how this card turned out and I hope you enjoy this as well.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment