Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 10, 2022

Sweet Talk Not for Valentine’s Day

With today’s card I wanted to accomplish two things, I wanted to use the Sweet Talk suite of products for a non-Valentine’s Day card and I wanted to create a fun fold card. 

Here is what I came up with…

                                               

The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 2 1/8 and 4 ¼”.  The first score line is folded back to the left side of the card and the second is folded to the right.  I added two pieces of the Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper to the two smaller areas that each measured 2 x 5 3/8”.  I cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock to 3 ½ x 4 ½” and a piece of the designer series paper to 3 ¼ x4 ¼”.  I attached the DSP to the cardstock and then adhered that to the front of my card (be sure to only add adhesive to the left half of this layer so the card can open properly.  To this I added my sentiment.  First, I stamped “hello” onto a scrap of Blushing Bride cardstock using Real Red ink.  This sentiment is from the Sweet as a Peach stamp set but you could use any sentiment you want.  I then die cut this using the dies from the Sweet Conversations Bundle (or you can purchase the dies alone, just remember when you bundle the dies and stamps you save 10 %).  I also cut a small heart out of a scrap of Real Red cardstock and a large heart out of a scrap of Highland Heather cardstock (projects like this are a great way to use up scraps).  I adhered them all together and added them to the center of the card using Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I stamped my sentiment “Thought you could use some sunny thoughts today” onto it using Real Red ink, this sentiment is from a great set called Sunny Sentiments.  For the final touch I added three of the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels along the bottom of the Basic White layer.  I hope this is a good example of how a suite of products can be used in many ways.


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment