Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 24, 2022

Crane of Fortune Arrow Fold Card

I have made this card once before using the Eden’s Garden Collection (November 18, 2021) so when I saw the beautiful products in the Sympols of Fortune Collection I just knew I had to make it again.  This collection is amazing and the Specialty Designer Series Paper is breathtaking.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Gray Granite cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  Once that is scored there are a number of other measurements and scores that are needed to create the arrow.  I thought it would be easier to show a diagram that to try to explain everything.  Here it is…

Mark the bottom center at 2 ¾” and each of the sides at 2 1/8” from the bottom and score as shown above.  Once you have these scores the inside score lines are folded toward the center.  Then the shorter score lines are folded out (this is what creates the arrow).  Be sure to burnish your score lines individually and well to get a good crisp crease.  Now fold the card together and burnish the arrow once again from the front.  I found using a little glue under the flaps made the card lay better. 

Now it is time to decorate.  We are going to start with our Designer Series Paper.  This Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper is just beautiful.  Previously I selected a paper that is two sided and who’s sides compliment one another like this one but this time I decided to use the same paper on the inside and the outside.  Cut your DSP to 4 x 5” (be sure to be mindful of the pattern, one that is non-directional is much easier to use for this card).  See the diagram below for cutting the DSP…

 

Mark the bottom center at 2 ½” and cut up to the top corners.  The largest triangle will cover the top of your arrow and the two smaller ones will become the side pieces.  Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock just like this and use the larger triangle for the inside of your card (see the photo below of the inside and the envelope) save the other two to use on some other project.  Adhere the DSP to the card and the white cardstock to the inside. 

To decorate my card I started by cutting one of the flowers from the Crane of Fortune Bundle from Gold Foil.  The using the coordinating stamp set from the bundle I stamped my crane onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Smoky Slate ink and die cut it using the coordinating die from the bundle.  I attached him over the flowers using Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals.  For my final touch I added four Gilded Gems (two to each side of the arrow. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment