Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Otterly Marbleous

I have been having some more fun with my free Sale-a-bration products.  I had already shown one card that used the Awesome Otters stamp set but I wanted to show another and while doing that show off this beautiful Simply Marbelous 6 x 6’ Designer Series Paper (another freebie with a qualifying $50 purchase, it has 49 sheets, 8 each of 6 double sided designs and I love it).   

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I added a layer of Pool Party that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and a piece of the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper that is 3 5/8 x 5 1/8”.  Next I cut a piece of Designer Series Paper from the You’re a Peach DSP (you could use plain cardstock or any other DSP you want) to 1 ½ x 4” and on the bottom left of it I stamped the sentiment “you are OTTERLY AWESOME” using Night of Navy ink.

Then for my main focal point I stamped the cute little Otter onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and die cut it out using one of the Hippo and Friends Dies.  I colored it in with Pool Party, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends and popped it up on the front of the card using Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card, I used a trick I often use when working with the 6 x 6” DSP’s.  I find that when I cut my paper to a 4 x 6” it leaves a nice 2” wide strip which works great on lots of cards but when I take that 4 x 6” and I want to use it on a card front I end up often cutting off between ¾ and 1” that is 4” wide, perfect for the inside of the card.  See below how I added it to my card inside which is Basic White cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and it really dresses it up.  


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment