Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Polished Pink Calming Camellia

The beautiful Calming Camellia Host reward set from Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration is an amazing Distinctive Ink set and I have been having some fun with it.  I made a card the other day using the Whisper White ink on Misty Moonlight but today I wanted to make one using Polished Pink cardstock and Melon Mambo ink.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Polished Pink cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I used the forth largest circle from the Layering Circles Dies and cut it out of the Polished Pink.  I stamped the camellia from the set once on the small piece and several times on the larger piece using Melon Mambo ink.  I then pressed one of my small clear blocks into my Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Pad and picked up some of the white ink onto the block (you may have to do this more than once to color everything in).  I used my blender pen to pick up that white ink and paint in different areas of the camellia’s.  Then I wrapped some of the Gold Shimmer Ribbon around the first layer and attached it to the Whisper White card base.  I die cut a scalloped circle (the third largest die from the scalloped circles in the Layering Circles Dies) out of Basic White and added the Polished Pink circle to that.  I added this over my ribbon using Dimensionals. 

For my sentiment I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to ¾ x 3” and stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” from the Calming Camellia stamp set using Melon Mambo ink.  I added this to the bottom right of my card using Dimensionals.  For my final touch I added three of the Brushed Brass Butterflies around the card (each is a different size).  So I made a few little changes from the previous card but with different colors comes different looks. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment