Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Expressions In Ink

I have been in need of some sympathy cards as of late.  These are those cards you can’t plan for but need right away so I am trying to build a little stock of them.  Today I decided to use one of the beautiful Designer Series Papers from the Annual Catalog along with a free stamp set from the Sale-a-bration campaign.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ½” and embossed it using the Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder.  I then cut some of the Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper to the following sizes:  1 x 3 5/8”, 1 x 4 1/8” and 1 x 4 5/8”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 1 x 4” and Gold Foil Paper to 1 1/8 x 3 ¾”, 1 1/8 x 4 ¼”, 1 1/8 x 4 ¾” and 1 1/8 x 4”. 

I stamped my sentiment “with Sympathy” from the Special Moments stamp set (free with a qualifying $100 purchase during Sale-a-bration) onto the Basic White piece that measured 1 x4”  using Shaded Spruce Ink (place it to the left to allow room for our gems) and attached it to the gold foil piece that measured 1 1/8 x 4” (set aside).  Next, I attached each of my strips of Designer Series Paper to the coordinating Gold Foil piece (easy to see which ones go together).  I spaced these three strips equally apart on my card front and then used Dimensionals to pop up my sentiment layer.  I added three Garden Gems (sorry they are retired but you could use any gems here. 

I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼ and stamped the sentiment “Life has changed for you, but my love & support never will” from the Elegantly Said stamp set onto it again with Shaded Spruce ink.  For the envelope I stamped one of the flowers from the Artistically Inked stamp set using Pale Papaya ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment