Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Delicate Dahlias In Flirty Flamingo

As Sale-a-bration comes to an end (it will end on September 30th) I wanted to be sure to highlight a few more of the beautiful products you can earn for free with purchase.  Today I am working with the Delicate Dahlias stamp set and let me tell you it is stunning.  I love that the set is one of the Stampin’ Up! sets that is “distinctive” stamps, this simply means that it is packed full of detail and it does all the work for you.   I wanted to have some fun with the ladies who attend my workshops and this month I used this set and we did some masking (we covered the flower before we stamped the leaves so it appears they are under the flower) and they loved learning that new technique.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Flirty Flamingo cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Basic White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I stamped two of the Dahlias (one in each corner kind of running off the cardstock) in Flirty Flamingo ink. 

I then masked them.  This is a technique where you cover the image you have already stamped and stamp another image (in this case the leaves) over it so they appear to be under the flower.  There are lots of ways to mask, you can use post it notes, paper with repositing tape or my favorite is to use Stamping Mask Paper from Inkadindado (I get it from Amazon).  You simply stamp the image you want to mask onto your mask medium and then fussy cut it out.  You take that fussy cut image and place it over your stamped image and add the next layer.  So, once I had the flowers stamped, I masked them and added the leaves which were inked in Pear Pizzazz ink and then pulled off the mask.  Aren’t they beautiful?

I added a piece of Flirty Flamingo Metallic Ribbon around this layer and added a square knot.  I then adhered this layer to the base.  I stamped my sentiment (also from the Delicate Dahlias stamp set) onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Flirty Flamingo ink and punched it out using my Label Me Fancy Punch.  I punched a second label out of Flirty Flamingo cardstock using the same punch.  I cut the Flirty Flamingo label in half and adhered it behind the Basic White label leaving a little showing on each end.  I then attached it to the front of my card using Dimensionals.  For the inside of the card and the envelope I simply used the smaller flower stamp in the set and stamped it using Flirty Flamingo ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment