Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 6, 2021

Beautifully Penned

I have earned a pack of the Beautifully Penned 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper for free when I made a qualifying Sale-a-bration purchase (offer good through 30 September, head over to my website for more information) and I really wanted to do something fun with it.  Well, I was looking around Pinterest as I often do for inspiration and I came across a great card that Kylie Bertucci had created for a color challenge and I loved it.  So, I made one close to what she did and then another where I chose to add additional colors.      

Here is what I came up with…

   

The cards are basically the same except instead of just coloring the flowers in with Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends on the second I also added Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends into the mix.  The card base is Poppy Parade cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”. I added a layer of Basic Black that measured 4 x 5 ¼” (hint, I have shared this before but it is so worth sharing again, I need that scalloped circle cut out of Basic Black as well, so since I will be covering the black layer with DSP I went ahead and cut the circle out of the black layer before I attached it to the card base, why waste paper right).  I added a layer of the Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8”.   

I stamped my image from the stamps in the Hand-Penned Petals bundle onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it in as shown.  I used the coordinating die from the bundle and cut it out.  I adhered this to the black circle I cut from the second layer using the Layering Circles Dies.  I then popped the circle up using Dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment, also from the set onto a scrap of Poppy Parade cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I used my retired Classic Label Punch to punch this out but it would be just as easy to fussy cut it.  I adhered the sentiment to the bottom right of the card front using Mini Dimensionals.

For my inside and my envelope, I used another of the stamps from the set, this one is a two-piece stamp, I stamped the branches in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and the berries in Poppy Parade ink. 


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment