Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Hand-Penned Hinge Card

I decide it was time to take a little break from Christmas cards and have some fun with some of the beautiful products offered in the annual catalog.  The Hand-Penned Petals Bundle was a perfect choice for the hinged card I wanted to create.    

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11”.  It is scored at 5 ½ and at 7” (this creates our hinge).  I added a piece of the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper that measured 1 ¼ x 4” to the hinged side of my card front.  I then wrapped a piece of Fresh Freesia ribbon around the hinge and tied a square knot.  Once that was done, I adhered this area to the back of the card using Tear & Tape (you want something strong and this is certainly the right product for that). 

On the right side of the front of my card I added another piece of the Hand-Penned DSP this one measured 3 ¾ x 4”.  I then stamped the flower from the stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a scrap of Basic White Cardstock and cut it out using the coordinating die.  I then colored it in using the Stampin’ Blends (see list below).  I attached this to one of the scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies which I had cut out of Misty Moonlight cardstock.  Once they were attached, I added them to my card using Dimensionals.  I also added a piece of Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card that measured 3 ¾ x 4” to allow me to add my sentiment. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment