Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Beauty of the Season

I love the sentiment on this card and knew I would have to create a card to show it off during my open house to introduce the new July – December mini catalog.  Everyone enjoyed making it which made me very happy.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.   I added a strip of the Be Dazzled 6 x 6 Specialty paper (this one is a freebie during Sale-a-bration) that measures 3/8 x 5 ½”.  Onto that I layered a piece of the Tidings of Christmas 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper that measures 2 x 5 ½”.  I then cut out a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock that measures 3 x 4 ¼” and centered it onto my card front. 

I then took a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 2 ¾ x 4” and I started my stamping.  I first stamped my sentiment which is from the Evergreen Elegance stamp set, in the top right corner of the Basic White layer using Real Red ink.  I then moved onto my trees, I used two different sizes of trees from the same stamp set as the sentiment.  I stamped the second largest in the center using Evening Evergreen ink (for this tree I stamped off on scrap paper once before stamping on my card, this is called second generation stamping) without re-inking my stamp I stamped the image again on the far right (this would be third generation stamping).  Next, I stamped the largest tree to the far left using Evening Evergreen ink (first generation stamping, meaning I did not stamp off).  I also added the second largest tree once again right over the two I stamped second and third generation with Evening Evergreen without stamping off.  This offers the elusion that some of the trees are off in the distance. 

To finish off the card I stamped the small star from the stamp set onto the top of the largest tree using Bumble Bee ink.  I added three small Rhinestone Basic Jewels and there you have it.  One of the things I like about this set is that the trees (both the stamps and the punch) can be used for more than just Christmas.  I think this would be a great set for making masculine birthday cards which are always a bit of a challenge in my opinion. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment