Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 13, 2021

A Simple Christmas

I wanted to create a simple card that could be reproduced easily in large quantities for those who make cards for large groups like nursing homes, churches, schools, etc.  I thought this card would be one that would be fast and simple and yet beautiful, I hope you think so too. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Real Red (my favorite red for Christmas) cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of Gold Foil that measured 3 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Evergreen Forrest 3D Embossing Folder (wow, do I love this folder, so beautiful and so versatile definitely not just for Christmas).  I added this to the left side of my cardbase. 

Next, I took a piece of the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper that measured 2 x 3 ¾” and I wrapped it with a piece of the Gold Shimmer Ribbon (you could add a bow but I thought a nice square knot looked right).  Once my ribbon was on, I adhered this piece to the card base near the bottom as shown.

For my focal point I took a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 x 3 ½” and I stamped the sentiment “Merry Christmas” in Real Red ink at the bottom and then I stamped my tree using VersaMark ink above it.  I added Gold Stampin’ Emboss powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool (both the sentiment and the tree are from the Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set).  I added this to a piece of Real Red cardstock that measured 2 ¼ x 3 ¾” and then popped it up on the front right of my card using Dimensionals.

As you can see this really was a fast and simple card that would be great for mass produced cards.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment