Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, September 24, 2021

A Plaid Christmas

I am still trying to show off some of the cute cards I have created using just a little of the Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper which is one of the free products you can earn during Sale-a-bration (ending September 30th) and mixing it with some other basic supplies.  Today, I mixed it with the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and I love how it turned out.     

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of the cute plaid Christmas tree paper from the Peaceful Prints DSP that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then started to create my focal point.  I stamped one of the plaid trees from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Evening Evergreen ink and then punched it out using the coordinating Pine Tree Punch.  I die cut squares from the Layering Squares Dies (retired now but you could just cut squares they are 3 x 3” and 2 5/8 x 2 5/8”) the larger from Real Red Cardstock and the smaller from Basic White Cardstock.  I added my tree onto the center of this piece using Dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment (also retired but there are lots of sets with Christmas sentiments out there) onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock using the same Evening Evergreen ink I used to stamp my tree. 

I added two strips of the red and black checked DSP from the package that measures ½ x 4” to the center of my card and then positioned my focal point to it and my sentiment to the side.  I added three small Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish it off.

The point of this card was to demonstrate that you can mix and match things you have including things that are now retired.  It really is just all about having a good time with your crafting.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find most supplies to create this card and supplies to create much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment