Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 20, 2021

Double Time Delicate Dahlias

As Sale-a-bration comes to an end (it will end on September 30th) I wanted to be sure to highlight a few more of the beautiful products you can earn for free with purchase.  Yesterday I showed you a beautiful card using the Delicate Dahlias stamp set.  So today I wanted to show you another and talk about another technique that works beautifully with this set.        

Here is what I came up with…


The technique used to create this card is called double time stamping.  To do this you will need repositionable tape (Stampin’ Up! does not sell it but I found it at Staples Office Supplies at a very reasonable price, it is made to be removable and repositionable).  You take the two layers of Basic White and center the smaller one on the larger one.  Now you stamp away (be sure to press firmly around the edges where the two layers of cardstock meet) you will end up with a bit of a gap in the stamping but that is ok because we are going to cover that with our layer of Balmy Blue.  

So, for this card I stamped my two flowers using Balmy Blue ink and then using the same masking technique I featured in yesterdays post I added the leaves in Garden Green ink.  I added the sentiment “Happy Birthday” which is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set (there are some great sentiments in this set and the font is really great as well) right in the center of the smallest layer using Balmy Blue ink. 

Once you are done stamping it is quite simple, you just adhere the layers together.  I chose to adhere them directly to one another but you could also pop the two smaller layers up using dimensionals and that would be beautiful. 

Todays card is one that requires minimal supplies and could be done in any of the 50 plus Stampin' Up! colors and it is easy to do.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment