Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Christmas Checkered

I have always loved those cute Christmas PJs that were red checkered and yes, my poor sons wore them until they were teens (and even once or twice as adults in a little different style) often to their disgust but they did it for Mom.  So, today’s card is in that cute Christmas style.  The cute check images on this Designer Series Paper comes from one of the free products offers during Sale-a-bration (don’t miss out there are only a few days left until it ends on September 30th) it is called Peaceful Prints.

So here are two different cards I created using this FREE paper and very few additional supplies.  Each is cute and simple.

Here is the first one:


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of the checkered pattern from the Peaceful Prints DSP that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then added a strip of one of the other prints (this one is also checked but has white snowflakes overlayed on it) across the center of the card and that piece measures 1 x 4”.  I then took one of the Designer Series Papers that had these cute plaid reindeer on them and die cut the reindeer out using one of the Layering Circles Dies.  I grabbed a larger circle and cut out a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and layered the reindeer circle on that.  I added some Dimensionals onto the back of this and put it on my card.  Five little Matte Black Dots completed my card.  Now did you notice something?  No stamping required; this was all done with paper!

Here is card number two:


Actually, surprise this one is a gift card holder as well, here is what the inside looks like…


So, let’s get rolling on this card/gift card holder.  I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 ¼ x 11” and was scored at 5 ½”.  After I scored my card base, I put it back on my trimmer and measured over 2 ½”, I then cut all the way until I reached the 5 ½” score line, this makes two flaps on the front of the card.  The smallest flap will be used to house our gift card so we will want to secure the bottom and right side well so our card doesn’t fall out.  We do this by adding Tear & Tape (or another strong adhesive) to the bottom and right side and adhere it to the inside of the card.  Now it is time to decorate.  I added two pieces of that same Peaceful Prints Designer that I used in the previous card to the two flaps I created.  The piece with snowflakes measures 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” and the plain checkered one measures 1 ½ x 5 ¼”.  I then cut a scalloped circle out of Basic White cardstock using those same Layering Circles Dies and attached just the top of it to the top flap of the card.  I added two stockings that were stamped and die cut using the Tidings & Trimmings Bundle.  The stockings were stamped on Cherry Cobbler cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then die cut.  I added them to the white circle using Dimensionals and for a final embellishment I added a bow made from the gold twine in the Simply Elegant Trim pack. 

As you can see while both projects relied on the beauty of the DSP one simply used it with just a few little extras and the other mixed it with a bundle to create even more.  I hope you enjoy this card and the gift card holder I certainly enjoyed making them.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment